Monday, April 6, 2015
The Road
At the beginning of The Road, it was difficult to understand what the point of the book really was. It just kept talking about what the boy and the Father were doing, travelling south in order to survive the winter. As I've kept reading, the story has begun to get a bit more interesting and I've been able to learn more about the story. I know that the father's wife must have died and he has dreams about her. The "apocalypse" must have happened before the boy was born, because the boy has no knowledge of how the world used to be. He didn't even know what states were until the Father explained. I also know that the world they are living in is very dangerous, and that the other survivors that are out there need to be avoided. The Father is always very anxious about running into other people, and so is the boy. I expect that at some point they will run into other people, and I want to find out what would happen if they did. So far, this book is pretty bleak, but it's gotten progressively more interesting as I've been reading. It's a very unique story and I would recommend it based on what I've read so far.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment