Monday, January 12, 2015

The Road


          After I finish reading The Book Thief, I am planning on reading The Road. I am very close to finishing The Book Thief, and it is an amazing book that I would highly recommend to everyone. The Road is a book about a Father trying to take care of and protect his son in a post-apocalyptic world. I am pretty interested to read it, and a little apprehensive because it seems kind of scary from what I've heard about it. I have began reading it a little, and even the way the book is written seems much different from how writing is done today. For example, quotation marks aren't used at all from what I can tell. I think this is a really cool way to convey the apocalyptic idea because not only is the world and society broken down, but the writing is also kind of broken down since things like quotation marks aren't used, and the sentences are all pretty short, making the writing seem broken up. This book is written by Cormac McCarthy, and it was a #1 national bestseller. It's also a movie now, which I plan to watch after I read the book.

No comments:

Post a Comment