Sunday, January 25, 2015

Finished The Book Thief

                I finally finished reading The Book Thief, and I definitely think that it's a book everyone should read. It is the best book I've ever read, and the writing is amazing. I got very engaged in the story, and attached to the characters. Markus Zusak really does a great job bringing the reader into the story. I also thought that having the story narrated by Death was a brilliant idea. Hearing the story from a point of view like that isn't something I've seen before, and I really liked it.
               My favorite thing about the story is that it showed me how terrible war really is. Since there is always a war going on somewhere, I've never thought too much about it. This story made me realize how terrible war is, and how it tears families and loved ones apart. I think a lot of people take things like just being safe for granted. I've never had to worry about the things that Liesel had to worry about because her country was at war. So it was an eye-opener for me to be more grateful for all that I have.
               I think that The Book Thief is a very important book for people of all ages to read. I love the story and the writing, and if you haven't read it, I strongly recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment