Monday, May 4, 2015
May 4th Blog Post
As I've been finishing up reading The Road, I was trying to figure out the theme of it. It seems like there could be a few different ones. The book shows a close father and son relationship, and how much they loved each other. So I think part of it, at least, could be about family and love. The father and son go through really hard times and dangerous situations, so it shows how their love keeps them strong and keeps them going. Especially for the father. All he cares about in the world is keeping his son safe and alive. There is nothing he wouldn't do for his son, and that is an important part of the book. This book also kind of explores human's capacity for evil, which could be part of why the author wanted to write this. It kind of reminds me of American Horror Story in that way because that show also shows the dark parts of human nature. In this book, there are very disturbing and evil things that the father and son run into. Since the world is in a post-apocalyptic state, there is no order to the world, so anything goes and there are no police to stop the "bad guys". The book includes cannibalism, slavery, and other disturbing things. I'm probably convincing anyone reading this to not read the book, but it is a very good book, it's just very dark. These are just two of the possible themes I had come up with for this book. It's definitely not like many of the popular books out there, but I wanted something a bit out-of-the-ordinary to read, and I think I accomplished that.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment