Monday, November 10, 2014
The Book Thief
The Book Thief is written by Markus Zusak. It takes place in Europe during the Holocaust. So far, the book is a bit confusing but it is very good. After reading it for a short time, I realized that the book is narrated by Death. I thought this was really weird but also a really cool and unique way to tell the story. Since there was a lot of death during this time period, it makes sense to narrate the story in this way. The story is about is a young girl named Liesel Meminger, aka, the Book Thief. Her brother dies when she is young and Death comes to take his soul. I don't know if the book ever comes out and says that the narrator is Death, but it becomes evident because the narrator talks about how nobody sees him and he comes and takes souls from dead bodies. That sounds pretty creepy but it's not really that weird in the book. So far, I think this book is pretty good and I'm excited to keep reading it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
This book is the most exciting book I have ever even read. I'm not even kidding this time.
ReplyDeleteThis book seems very interesting, especially since it takes place during a very historical time period. Why is the book called The Book Thief though? Has the author mentioned anything about the title in the first few chapters or does that part occur later in the story? I will defiantly check this book out once I finish the series I'm currently reading!
ReplyDeleteIt's called The Book Thief because the main character Liesel learns to read and she learns to really loved reading. Since her family is poor and they can't afford to buy her books, she steals them.
Delete