Monday, October 6, 2014
If I Stay
In If I Stay, the story quickly gets into the action. After giving a basic introduction about Mia's life, the family gets into a car accident. For the rest of the book, as far as I have read at least, Mia is outside of her body in between life and death. In order to make up for a lack of background information of Mia's life, the story goes into flashbacks about her experiences as she reflects on her life. I really like this because I hate reading long, boring introductions of character's lives. This way, her past experiences are incorporated into the story in a way that makes sense with what's currently going on. I think it would be interesting to try writing a story that uses flashbacks.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I read this book and loved it!! It was very emotional, and left off without an ending... I am now reading the second book, Where She Went. I hope this book includes a happy ever after ending!!!
ReplyDeleteFirst of all... are you kidding? :)
ReplyDeleteAnyways, I was told that this was a good book, but written poorly. For example, instead of saying "The big bright beautiful sun rose gracefully from the glowing horizon, rose at dusk" the author would say "The sun rose at 12:00." Is this true? I was wondering because I really don't like books that are written like that.
I have heard of this book before, and although I haven't read it yet it seems really good. If the book really does get right into the action, then I think that I'll enjoy it as well because I also hate when books spend to much time on the introductions. I've heard that the author tends to skip right through things and get to the point quickly, but that may be a good thing. I'll defiantly check this book out in the future though!
ReplyDeletedid she stay
ReplyDelete